Microsoft asks what the next innovations for and in the cloud should be. I say the following:
1. Windows(r) Home Servers that are not only cloud friendly, but cloud smart and integrated with new features, service packs, roles or whatever coming from or being hosted in the cloud
2. The Optimized, half physical half virtual home/small office or organization computing environment
3. Cloud Savvy Marketing & Business applications and systems that take up less room as they are mostly SaaS
4. Engaging, but accessible cloud services that go beyond the traditional stuff we see today
5. Consumer or SMB-priced virtualization and other solutions that don’t break the bank (literally) and are intuitive enough that there is little learning curve
6. Secure, cloud savvy, do-it-yourself social networking and other tools that are intuitive, accessible, interactive, etc.
That’s what I think should be the next big phase for the cloud.